XL Mailing List
The Mozart Project
You can build XL using the following steps:
- Set environment variables for CVS to point to the xlr project:
You can use an existing SourceForge login, or use anonymous
login. See the CVS instructions on SourceForge.
- Checkout the code:
TinToy:/tmp> cvs checkout xl2
cvs checkout: Updating xl2
- Select your build environment:
Build environments are defined by configuration makefiles, in the form
Makefile.config.name. At this point in time, only
macosx is fully supported, though there are pretty good
chances that linux will work.
You can copy and modify an existing configuration makefiles to suit
your needs. If you do so, you may add an "autodetect" step in
Makefile.config. (notice the trailing dot).
- Change directory to xl2 and type make
TinToy:/tmp> cd xl2
----------- Making debug in /tmp/xl2 ------------
- The above step will build and test three generations of compiler:
- A bootstrap compiler written in C++, located under xl2
- A bootstrap compiler written in XL, located under xl2/bootstrap
- The current work in progress, located under xl2/native
See the dirty bootstrap description for more details.
- The build above tests the native compiler from a directory named
(appropriately) TESTS. These tests will most likely fail. At
this point, this is normal.
- After a whole bootstrap has been done, subsequent build steps can be made
directly from the xl2/native directory.
Copyright 2008 Christophe de Dinechin (Blog)
E-mail: XL Mailing List (polluted by spam, unfortunately)